RESPECT Proudly Presents
the 2002-3 Poster Contest Winners
- Rural Commercial Secondary School
- Freetown, Sierra Leone (age 20)
- Musashigaoka Highschool
- Tokyo, Japan (age 17)
- Edmonds Cyberschool
- USA (age 17)
To see a larger version of the poster, click on the image.
Connections: From Us to You was the theme for the 2002-03 RESPECT, USA Poster Contest. Facilitating refugee awareness education, RESPECT, USA is an affiliate of RESPECT International. Following the three-step program of involvement with refugee education, RESPECT students worldwide brainstormed this theme and documented their responses in art form. Representations of their thoughts and feelings took shape in 8 ½" x 11" posters. Winning entries are made into postcards that RESPECT International will use with initial correspondence between refugee and non-refugee student partners. Participants were from North American, Asian, and African countries.
RESPECT International promotes refugee education and sponsorship in a three-step program:
- Raise awareness on refugee issues among youth by providing educational communities worldwide with information, training and resources.
- Build bridges between youth from refugee schools and non-refugee schools through letter exchanges and beyond.
- Take actions in helping refugees by organizing awareness-raising events to educate others on refugee issues and to raise funds for partner refugee schools.
For more information, please check out the About page.